Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How come my computer can't see my email server, occasionally?

Occasionally, my computer can't reach my email server. Microsoft outlook won't send/receive successfully, and if I try to go directly to the server via IE, or Chrome, it shows that the link is broken. During this, all the other computers on my network can reach the website, I have to go another computer and download the emails there. Any ideas?
How come my computer can't see my email server, occasionally?
Since outlook cannot contact the email server, at the same time internet access is lost, they both are using TCP/IP just the port is different, so network signal is not detected at times. However you said the other pc can send email, so it's not the server problem or the link between the server and other pc, so it probably is your segment of network that had problem.


Also, outlook is not dead all the time, so it can't be software problem, unless it's virus related.


In most case you need to check the network cable that link up the problem pc and the network, it could also be a sign that the network card is failing, so it works only intermittently, try to put another network card in to see how it works. Do a full system scan on the pc for virus just to make sure too.


Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

my email Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting